MVMT x LBA Blue



Last year, on my birthday (December 15), I received the best gift ever. I got one of the MVMT watches. I had drooled over this particular one for months. This gift blew my mind beyond proportions, it was like ka-to-the-boom!! My head actually exploded. 



Watch | MVMT Watches


As my usual self, whenever I get new stuff, I put them on immediately. I went back home once from the mall in a different jacket than I had left home in. There's no time to store anything in my wardrobe unless, of course, the weather says otherwise. Nonetheless, I keep a functional wardrobe; anything that doesn't belong or remains hung for too long has to go.

On a not so cold day in January, you can find me layered up like a burger...Beef burger...chicken burger... Whatever. You know what I mean. You're just hungry. 
Layers I'm wearing are in this order: shirt and tie, vest, wool cardigan, coat. The vest is always a classic choice for layering. It has no sleeves so you don't have to worry about your arms being too tight in your coat, and of course, the vest is a versatile piece of clothing - timeless even.
I'm wearing a shirt I bought, I mean my dad bought me, last summer when I went home to Nigeria. He missed me so much he bought me shirts and encouraged me to start suiting up more often. He's the best dad ever. So the shirt is sky blue, which had me thinking to myself, 'what color of tie would go with a sky blue shirt?' I thought so long my thinking cap went on a holiday and still hasn't come back. I miss you thinking cap! Please come back to me! It's the examination period! I need you! 
So anyway, I tried a deeper colored tie. It's an excellent way to pair a shirt and a tie. I learnt this off a men's style website a couple of months ago. Rather than go with the renowned 'black goes with everything', you can try something new. Yes you can! Try this next time. Ladies love it when guys try something new. Am I right ladies? *cricket*. Okay, they didn't hear me. Lol! 
Down to the boots! I had to guys. I had to get these brogue boots from H&M. I styled them conservatively in this outfit. But I promise to be a rebel the next time I wear them *raises one hand in the air and puts the other on chest*. 
Gentlemen, comment below and tell me what you think. 
Ladies, comment below and leave your phone numbers. I mean tell me what you think.
Teehee!





Coat | H&M
Vest | H&M 



Cardigan | H&M
Shirt | Forgiven
Tie | Corleani






Gloves | H&M (D&B supply)



Pants | H&M 





Brogue Boots | H&M












No comments:

Post a Comment